Hands-on Learning for Homeschoolers
2023-24: Earth Cycles
First Thursday of each month November-April
10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
For ages 4 to 6 and ages 7 to 10
Join us at this monthly series for homeschooled students to learn about the natural world through hands-on activities and investigations. We will wrap up each program with a visit with one of our live animal ambassadors. Provided take-home activities continue the learning after each session.
Advance registration required. Register for one program or attend the whole series. Activities take place both indoors and outdoors. Dress to be outdoors with insulated boots, hats, gloves, jackets, and warm layers.
Cost per session: $12/member child; $15/non-member child
An adult must participate with children at no additional cost. Each additional adult pays child fee.
Age 4-6 Topics
- November 2: Plant Survival Needs
- December 7: Animal Survival Needs
- January 4: Habitat – Where Animals Live & Why
- February 1: Weather – How Organisms Respond to Seasons
- March 7: Weather – Measuring Sunlight
- April 4: How Organisms Change the Environment
Ages 7-10 Topics
- November 2: Be A Scientist – Biology
- December 7: Be A Scientist – Dendrology
- January 4: Be A Scientist – Ecology
- February 1: Be A Scientist – Ornithology
- March 7: Be A Scientist – Mammalogy
- April 4: Be A Scientist – Entomology
Our homeschool programs are aligned to Next Generation Science Standards and NH College and Career Ready Science Standards. Homeschool groups qualify for school rates and custom programs.