Share New Hampshire’s natural world with your patrons!
A $300 Library Membership allows up to four $10 trail admissions each day from May 1 through November 1, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with the last admission at 3:30 p.m.
The 3/4-mile live animal trail has up close views of black bear, coyote, mountain lions, bobcats, river otters, foxes, and more, all in natural woodland enclosures. Trailside buildings feature interactive exhibits that teach natural history concepts in meaningful and memorable ways. There are miles of other trails to explore – the Ecotone, the Forest, and the Mt. Fayal Trails.
We look forward to sharing an exciting trail season with your patrons and ask that you make them aware of the following:
- Library Patrons must bring the dated pass with them to the Admissions window at the Welcome Center. Patrons do not need to call to make advance reservations.
- Prior to arrival, patrons should review the Know Before You Go information for the latest health and safety policies and procedures.
No Two Tails Alike
An animal’s tail can serve as a rudder when swimming, help with agility during flight, or can even function like an extra hand. Meet live native wildlife ambassadors as a naturalist from Squam Lakes Natural Science Center tells tales of the tails of some of New Hampshire’s native wildlife.
Currently scheduling in-person outdoor programs* and virtual programs**.
- In-person: $250 per program (discounted non-profit rate) plus mileage.
- Virtual: $150 per program
- $25 discount per program when scheduling two or more programs for the same organization.
*physical distancing and masks required for in-person outdoor programs; programs are one hour and feature three live animals
**virtual programs are held via zoom; recommended for 40 of fewer logins per program; programs are 45 minutes and feature two live animals
To make a reservation request, go to the Live Animal Outreach Page and select the blue Outreach Program Reservation Request button.
Make natural science a part of your summer reading program with a Virtual Live Animal Outreach Program. Squam Lakes Natural Science Center presents one-hour programs featuring live animals and led by our expert naturalists. Select from a variety of informative and inspiring programs.