Hours and Admission
The live animal exhibit trail and hiking trails are currently closed for the season and will reopen May 1, 2023.
Plan at least two hours to walk the exhibit trail or bring a picnic and spend the day with a visit to Kirkwood Gardens and a Squam Lake Cruise.
2023 Trail Admission
Includes the live animal exhibit trail and all hiking trails
Seniors (age 65+): $22.00
Youth (ages 3-15): $18.00
Children 2 and Under: FREE
Children 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Please visit our Exhibit Trail page for specific exhibit updates or closures.
Discounted Trail Admission
Squam Lakes Natural Science Center participates in a number of programs to help more people get Nearer to Nature.
- Library Membership Pass - Borrow the pass from your library for a specific date then bring the pass with you to the Admissions window at the Welcome Center on that date. Reservations are not required but can be made online. The Library Pass is valid for up to four $12.00 trail admissions.
- AZA Reciprocal Discount - $12.00 each for up to four trail admissions. Bring your AZA reciprocal membership card and tickets with you when you visit. AZA Reciprocal admission must be purchased at the admissions window or over the phone.
- ANCA Reciprocal Discount - $12.00 each for up to four trail admissions. Bring your ANCA reciprocal membership card and tickets with you when you visit. ANCA Reciprocal admission must be purchased at the admissions window or over the phone.
- Museums for All Discount - $3.00 each for up to four trail admissions. Bring your SNAP/EBT benefit card and photo ID with you when you visit.
- Family Access Membership - A Family Access Membership is for New Hampshire families receiving food assistance. It includes unlimited free admission to trails and exhibits for one named adult and up to five others (children 2 and under are free) from May 1 through November 1. New Hampshire residents may purchase a Family Access Membership for $25 by applying in-person at Admissions from May 1 through November 1. An eligible adult must provide their name, address, email, phone number, and show a current EBT card and ID. Family Access Memberships are not available online.
- Blue Star Museums - Active duty military personnel and their families (up to five family members) receive free trail admission from Armed Forces Day (May 21) through Labor Day (September 5). Before Armed Forces Day and after Labor Day the active duty personnel receive free trail admission and their family (up to five) receives $12.00 trail admission.
Lake Cruise Admission
|Cruise Pass Fees (2023)||Member Rate||Non-Member Rate|
|Youth (Ages 0-15)||$22.00||$26.00|
|Not recommended for children under 3|
We accept MC, VISA, AMEX, and DISCOVER. Rates and schedules are subject to change. Group rates are available; please call 603-968-7194 or email for information and reservations.